Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Getting Older

As many sports gamers are prone to do, I have always used the create-a-player feature to add myself (and occasionally friends) to my favorite teams. Led by the newly fabricated players, my teams have won Stanley Cups, Lombardi Trophies, and Larry O'Brien Trophies. Lately, however, I have found myself adding my son to the games instead. I guess that is a sign of getting older when you no longer can consider it feasible to add yourself as a freshman shooting guard who pushes the Terps to a national title. I know, all too well, my limitations when I struggle to create my shot against the other 30-somethings at the gym, but my son's potential is limitless. In the past year, he has pitched his team to Omaha for the College World Series, and led them to the Final Four in Atlanta. I, of course, couldn't be prouder. My 3-D version of my son though, has different thoughts. After the Final Four run, he announced his intention to transfer to rival Virginia. What is the matter with these kids these days?!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Virginia!? How does that happen in a home that's split Terps/Blue Devils!? Maybe he just couldn't take the pressure of splitting the difference in this rivalry. lol.