Friday, January 04, 2008

Skins vs. Seahawks

For the 2nd time in 3 years, my two favorite NFL teams are meeting in the NFC playoffs. When I latched on to the Seahawks in the mid-80s as my AFC team, I could have never imagined this scenario. But I digress... Two years ago, I decided to pull for the Seahawks because I felt they had a much better chance to advance to the Super Bowl. This year, I have to root for the 'Skins as the sentimental favorite and the feel-good story. The inspiration the team found in Sean Taylor's death would be enough on its own, but when you add in the story of Todd Collins, I have to go with the 'Skins this week. Winning in Seattle, with the crowd noise and elements, will not be easy, but hopefully they can continue to ride this streak throughout the postseason.

No comments: