I'd love to say that the idea of a sports blog is my own, but who would believe me? Ok, aside from Al Gore, who would believe me? In fact, the thought first crossed my mind weeks ago when my wife linked a sports blog written by one of her friends to our blog about our son. As a blogging virgin, I was uncomfortable trying to live up to the standard set by the DC Sports Chick (see link). Then, earlier this week, two friends decided to start a sports blog of their own just to reconnect with their love of sports journalism. Sharing a similar passion, I decided to offer my own views from the cheap seats.
I was holding out hope that I would maybe win a prize as the millionth person to start a sports blog. Bill Gates would send me a million dollars and I would become the lead blogger for msn.com. Unfortunately it turns out that some guy from Montpelier created one around 5:45 this evening to pay homage to his beloved Vermont Frost Heaves of the ABA. Damn! So close!
Despite that setback, this blog will attempt to span "the globe to bring you the constant variety of sport… the thrill of victory… and the agony of defeat". I encourage your comments and will seek to add guest postings as they become available. It may start slow but this blog will pick up when I acquire a laptop in the near future. I have some contacts in the University of Connecticut basketball program who think they can get me one real cheap. It sure is good to have connections.
1 comment:
The cheap seats are pretty awesome; there is never a line for the closest bathroom when I am sitting in my cheap seats.
You must be terrible informed and smart, I know this just by looking at your teams and seeing the Seahawks there too. Smart man!
Keep up the good work.
Post a Comment